In Islam, marriage is a blessed contract between a man and a woman, in which each becomes “permitted” to the other, and they begin the long journey of life in a spirit of love, co-operation, harmony and tolerance, where each feels at ease with the other, and finds tranquility, contentment and comfort in the company of the other. The Qur’an has described this relationship between men and women, which brings love, harmony, trust and compassion, in the most moving and eloquent terms:
( And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that you may dwell in tranquility with them, and He has put love and mercy between your hearts . . .) (Qur’an 30:21)
The GCLEA is happy to help you and your spouse-to-be complete the marriage process and officiate your relationship. Our resident Imam is available to lead you through the Islamic marriage contract and perform Islamic Nikkah services. For more information please email Shaykh Rashid Ahmadi directly: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 856.229.7184 to schedule an appointment.
GCLEA’s Guidlines for Islamic Nikkah:
1. Schedule a pre-nikkah counseling session with Shaykh Rashid. (Highly recommended but not required)
2. Schedule an appointment for nikkah services.
3. Obtain a marriage license from NJ State.
4. Bring picture ID of bride, bride’s guardian, groom, and witnesses.
5. Arrange the attendance of 2 Muslim male witnesses (non-relative preferred).
6. Arrange the attendance of the bride’s male guardian or appointed custodian.
$250 for nikkah services with center-appointed Imam.
$500 for nikkah services with couple-selected Imam.