GCLEA is very proud to announce that it is a Certifying Organization (CO) approved and vetted by the President’s Volunteer Service Award Program. We are certified to issue Volunteer Awards.
Our Record of Service Key is WNE-3762.
Presidential recognition sets you apart from your peers. It is a tremendous honor. Even though you may not seek recognition, your example can deliver a powerful message that encourages others to take action.
The President’s Volunteer Service Award recognizes United States citizens and lawfully admitted, permanent residents of the United States who have achieved the required number of hours of service over a 12-month time period or cumulative hours over the course of a lifetime.
How it Works:
Individuals, families and groups that meet the criteria are eligible for the PVSA.
1. Recipient(s) must be a United States citizen or a lawfully admitted permanent resident of the United States.
2. Awards are issued for service hours served within a 12-month time period or over the course of a lifetime.
3. Awards are issued for volunteer service only; additional levels of participation with the organization (i.e., charitable support) are not a factor considered for the award.
4. Court-ordered community service does not qualify for the award.
5. Awards are issued by approved Certifying Organizations.
6. Service must be with an approved Certifying Organization that is legally established in the
United States, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or one of the U.S. territories.
Hours are measured over a 12-month period and awards are designated based on cumulative hours. The awards are offered in multiple levels and are designed to recognize each milestone of your service achievement. Levels include bronze, silver, gold and the highest honor, the President’s Lifetime Achievement Award for those who contribute more than 4,000 hours of service in their lifetime.
Hours by Award Bronze Silver Gold
Kids (5-10): Bronze 26 – 49 Silver 50 – 74 Gold 75 +
Teens (11–15): Bronze 50 – 74 Silver 75 – 99 Gold 100 +
Young Adults (16-25): Bronze 100 – 174 Silver 175 –249 Gold 250+
Adults (26 and older): Bronze 100 – 249 Silver 250 – 499 Gold 500+
Families and Groups* Bronze 200 – 499 Silver 500 – 999 Gold 1000+
President’s Lifetime Achievement Award: Individuals who have completed 4,000 or more hours in their lifetime
* Two or more people, with each member contributing at least 25 hours toward the total
Along with the ultimate honor of presidential recognition, recipients will receive a personalized certificate, an official pin, medallion or coin, a congratulatory letter from the President of the United States and a letter from the President of Points of Light and the CEO of the Corporation for National and Community Service.
*Children under 14 years can register online. However, as a safety measure, we require a parent/guardian’s approval before the account becomes active.
For more questions about this award click here.
All questions should be directed to the Volunteer Coordinator, Shanaz Persaud at either 856-426-7000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.